Position: Housekeeping Assistant
Job Grade: Full Time, Hourly
Location: Kent, CT
High Watch Recovery Center seeks a full-time professional Housekeeping Assistant to attend to our facilities and guests with compassion and attention to detail. Our employees strive to create a clean and orderly environment for our guests to thrive on their journey to recovery.
The Housekeeping Assistant shall be responsible for assisting the Housekeeping Supervisor with maintaining a clean and safe environment for both guests and staff. Upon discharge of a guest, the Housekeeper shall perform overall room cleaning.
- Maintains cleanliness of High Watch including dusting, vacuuming, and mopping, and washing.
- Cleans guest rooms upon guest discharge, focusing on disinfection and overall cleanliness.
- Utilizes appropriate precautions during routine cleaning to protect themselves and others.
- Cleans/washes all horizontal surfaces of furniture and mattress covers and all floors with disinfectant-detergent.
- Washes walls, blinds and curtains if they are visibly soiled.
- Cleans blood and other body fluids, following universal precautions.
- Completes all other duties as requested by the Housekeeping Supervisor.
- Event set up and breakdown
- At least one (1) year experience as a housekeeper or cleaner
- Ability to work unsupervised in multiple locations
- Customer-oriented and friendly
- Able to drive company vehicles safely
- Available for weekend, evening, and emergencies
- Must have good interpersonal skills and familiarity with High Watch as an organization. Must work effectively with and collaborate with the staff and leadership.
- Ability to execute projects systematically.
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must be able to walk, bend, stand, climb stairs, speak English, hear, use a telephone, drive an automobile, and operate standard office equipment, such as a computer, copier, and fax machine. Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds.
We offer fantastic benefits! Major medical, dental, vision, 403(b) with a generous company match, tuition reimbursement, PTO (paid time off), company paid life/STD/LTD, free meals and gym access.
If interested in applying for this position, please email to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 860-927-3515.
High Watch Recovery Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer