Position: 12 Step Coach
Job Grade: Full Time / Hourly
Location: Kent, CT
The 12 Step Coach will be responsible for educating each guest on the 12 Steps of Alcoholics Anonymous in a one-on-one setting. A Male 12 Step Coach will work with male guests and a Female 12 Step Coach will work with female guests.
Major Job Duties
- Educate assigned guests on the 12 Steps of AA.
- Meet with assigned guests a minimum of once a week during their stay.
- Schedule assigned guests accordingly.
- Document each meeting with guests and file individual Progress Notes.
- Attend weekly Clinical Guest Treatment Planning meetings.
Essential Function Statement
The previous duties are illustrative and not exhaustive. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar or a logical assignment to the position.
- A high school diploma or equivalent degree required
- A minimum of one year of sobriety
- Experience and skills in working in social services programs
- Thorough knowledge of state regulations and all JC Accreditation services related to
- other housing services
- A valid driver’s license and documentation of appropriate automobile insurance
Knowledge, Abilities and Attitudes Required
- Knowledge of software programs for personal computer use, especially word processing
- Ability to prepare and analyze comprehensive reports
- Strong problem solving skills and the ability to carry out and finish assigned projects
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing, establishing and maintaining effective working relationships
- Ability to plan and organize work, and manage the projects and deadlines of him/herself.
- Ability to maintain professional standards and demeanor, including the confidentiality of employee and client data and other sensitive information
- Demonstrated competence with, and continued commitment to respect for cultural differences and diversity
- Recognition of the limits of one’s own professional expertise and the willingness to seek supervision and/or support, as needed
- Makes decisions with the client’s and agency employee’s well-being and best interests in mind
- Ability to pass background checks required by High Watch Recovery Center
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must be able to walk, bend, stand, climb stairs, speak English, hear, use a telephone, drive an automobile, and operate standard office equipment, such as a computer, copier, and fax machine. Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds.
Please fax/email resume to 860-927-3515 email@example.com.