Position: Staff Psychiatrist / Addiction Psychiatrist
Reports To: Director of Psychiatric Medicine
Location: Kent, CT
The successful candidate for the Attending Psychiatrist position at High Watch Recovery Center will be a visionary multidisciplinary team leader offering expertise and clinical oversight to nursing, clinical, medical and support/recovery staff at our residential addiction treatment facility in Kent, Connecticut. The psychiatrist will be responsible for managing and coordinating the integrated health care needs for the High Watch Recovery guests in accordance with State and Federal rules and regulations and within scope of best practice guidelines for treating co-occurring and substance use disorders.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Shares clinical expertise with the multidisciplinary team and provides oversight and direction for treatment planning of guests
- Participates in daily meeting rounds with nursing, clinical and medical staff
- Performs diagnostic psychiatric evaluations for incoming new guests in our residential programs, and coordinates follow up visits accordingly for medication management and monitoring.
- Offers evidence-based treatment after psychiatric assessment for any co-occurring disorders, reviews utility of psychotherapeutic and pharmacological interventions and approaches, discusses and reviews role of anti-craving medications for relapse prevention.
- Determines continued appropriateness and ongoing medical necessity for guests that are in need of psychiatric assessment or acute crisis management.
- Acts as a liaison and resource to the clinical teams and prescribers in providing education as it relates to best-practice guidelines for diagnosis, treatment, and management of co-occurring and substance use disorders.
- Be able to successfully work interdepartmentally with admissions, medical, and nursing departments in offering assistance with determining appropriate level of care and placement.
- No overnight or onsite call responsibility is required with this position.
- Successful completion of an ACGME accredited residency training program in Adult Psychiatry
- Candidates with added subspecialty fellowship training and/or certification in either Addiction Psychiatry by the American Board of Psychiatry & Neurology (ABPN) or Addiction Medicine by American Board of Addiction Medicine preferred, but not required
- At least 2 years post-graduate clinical work experience in treating co-occurring and substance use disorders within a multidisciplinary setting in residential, IOP or outpatient setting required.
- Maintains and holds both an active unrestricted Connecticut physician medical license and a DEA registration certification
- Comfortable using EMR and Microsoft programs
- Work flexibility to accommodate a part time position
Please fax/email resume to 860-927-3515 firstname.lastname@example.org.