Job Grade: Non-exempt, hourly Employee (Full Time)
Reports To: Executive Chef
Location: Kent, CT
We are searching for skilled, creative Bakers who strive to provide excellent baked items and service in an efficient, professional manner. The Baker will design, execute, and improve recipes, perform quality checks on ingredients and finished products, use icing, glazes, fillings, and decorations to enhance item presentation, and process orders from customers. You will also clean workstations and equipment, and perform other duties to ensure that customer needs are satisfied and the bakery is well-stocked and operating smoothly.
To be a successful Baker, you should be efficient and friendly with a focus on food quality and customer satisfaction. You should be organized, decisive, attentive, and possess a strong understanding of baking techniques.
- Designing and improving recipes.
- Measuring and combining ingredients and using mixers, blenders, heat sources, and other equipment to make baked goods, such as cookies, bread, cakes, etc.
- Decorating and displaying finished products.
- Testing ingredients and finished goods to ensure that each item meets food safety and quality controls.
- Keeping records relating to deliveries, inventory, and production levels.
- Cleaning and restocking workstations and ensuring that all equipment is sanitized and prepared for the next shift.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Previous long term employment as a baker or bachelors in baking and pastry arts.
- Strong communication, time and resource management, and planning skills.
- Attention to detail, especially when performing quality inspections on ingredients and products.
- Basic math and computer skills.
- Willingness to work independently or with other team members to solve problems, plan schedules, fulfill orders, and create amazing baked goods.
- Flexibility to work around customer demands, including early morning, night, weekend and holiday availability.
- Ability to work in hot, hectic environment, stand, walk, bend, use hands and appliances, and lift heavy items for extended periods.
- Maintain high standards of cleanliness.
- Understanding of hand washing and hygiene techniques.
- Ability to set priorities.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate with guests and co-workers.
- Understanding on how to cook, prep, schedule and coordinate, fill out food orders and prep kitchen area.
- Willingness to learn new approaches to culinary services and methods for preparing meals.
- Ability to train new staff and assist others when necessary.
- The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to walk, bend, stand, climb stairs, speak English, hear, use a telephone, drive an automobile, and operate standard office equipment, standard baking equipment. Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds.
If interested in applying for this position, please email to email@example.com or fax to 860-927-3515.
High Watch Recovery Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer