Job Grade: Full Time, Hourly
Location: Kent, CT
The Housekeeper shall be responsible for assisting the Housekeeping Supervisor with maintaining a clean and safe environment for both guests and staff. Upon discharge of a guest, the Housekeeper shall perform overall room cleaning.
- Maintains cleanliness of High Watch including dusting, vacuuming, and mopping, and washing.
- Cleans guest rooms upon guest discharge, focusing on disinfection and overall cleanliness.
- Utilizes appropriate precautions during routine cleaning to protect themselves and others.
- Cleans/washes all horizontal surfaces of furniture and mattress covers and all floors with disinfectant-detergent.
- Washes walls, blinds and curtains if they are visibly soiled.
- Cleans blood and other body fluids, following universal precautions.
- Completes all other duties as requested by the Housekeeping Supervisor.
- Demonstrates attention to detail. Ability to work independently
- Preferred, previous employment in a Healthcare facility
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must be able to walk, bend, stand, climb stairs, speak and read English, hear, use a telephone, drive an automobile, and operate various office and electronic equipment, such as a fax machine, computer, telephone, copier, etc. Basic computer skills; Microsoft Office. Must be able to lift and carry up to 30 pounds.
If interested in applying for this position, please email to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 860-927-3515.
High Watch Recovery Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer