Position: Dish Washer / Food Runner
Job Grade: Full Time, Hourly
Location: Kent, CT
The Line Cook is responsible for assisting the Manager of Food Services and Head Chef in maintaining effective, efficient and safe dietary services. In the absence of the Head Chef, the Cook is responsible for the daily operation of the dietary service including preparation/assist in preparation of food for three meals daily. The Cook is also responsible for assisting the Head Chef and Manager of Food Services in maintaining a clean kitchen and dining room, as well as the dining room being set up for supplies and condiments for all meals.
- Prepare and assist in preparation of three meals and snacks for guests and staff on a daily basis.
- Will help in the kitchen and dining room.
- Assists in the preparation of three meals and required snacks each day for guests and staff, ensuring provision of high quality, nutritious food that is presented in an appealing manner.
- Assists the Manager of Food Services in maintaining a clean kitchen and dining facility, observing all Federal, State, and Local health code regulations.
- Takes refrigerator and dishwasher machine temperatures and log daily.
- Responsible for the dining room set up and organization.
- Responsible for cleaning the dish room and pot sink and cleaning & mopping floors after each meal.
- Completes other duties as assigned by the Manager of Food Services
- Background in cooking preferred.
- Must be free from communicable disease.
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must be able to walk, bend, stand, climb stairs, speak and read English, hear, use a telephone, drive an automobile, and operate various office and electronic equipment, such as a fax machine, computer, telephone, copier, etc. Must be able to lift and carry up to 30 pounds.
- If interested in applying for this position, please email to email@example.com or fax to 860-927-3515.
- High Watch Recovery Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer