Milieu Staff (Overnight)
Position: Milieu Staff
Job Grade: Non-exempt, hourly Employee (Full Time, Part Time, Per Diem)
Reports To: Program Director
Location: Kent, CT
To further the ability of the chemically dependent individual to live a healthy lifestyle independently by supervising and assisting direct facility, managing house activities and serving as a liaison to others involved with support services on an assigned shift.
- Hold and maintain the safety and well-being of the guest as the number one priority
- Ensure that all paperwork submitted is accurate and up-to-date (e.g., timesheets and mileage sheets)
- Maintain and monitor records according to facility policy
- Complete reports on guest goals progress and significant changes
- Document all house problems or incidents and report safety issues timely
- Community supervision of the guest population
- Serve as a point-of-contact for emergencies and urgent questions.
- Monitor guest duties and responsibilities and provide developmental feedback to guests regarding their performance
- Investigate and attempt to resolve problems that arise in the community
- Help to maintain a clean, safe, and pleasant living environment for guests
- Prepare for, attend and oversee all required guest meetings
- Report needed household repairs to Milieu Staff Lead
- Supervise on and off campus activities
- Communicate supervision of the guest population
- Responsible for the overall operations of the guests’ Dorm residence
- Manage and resolve any guest issues
- Ensure a clean, safe, and friendly guest environment
- Maintain all facility operations of the Dorm including adherence to schedules, meals, lights out, and facility cleanliness schedules
- If applicable, teach the 12 Steps to guests
- Facilitate Living Sober groups, AA meetings on and off campus and conduct Chapel deliberations as needed
Essential Function Statement
The previous duties are illustrative and not exhaustive. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar or a logical assignment to the position.
- A high school diploma or equivalent degree required
- A minimum of one year of sobriety
- Required Basic Training (e.g., CPR / First Aid, NARCAN)
- Experience and skills in working in social services programs
- Thorough knowledge of state regulations and all JC Accreditation services related other housing services.
- A valid class “F” endorsement on the driver’s license and documentation of appropriate automobile insurance. High Watch will assist in acquiring a class “F” endorsement license if individual does not have that class
Knowledge, Abilities and Attitudes Required
- Knowledge of software programs for personal computer use, especially word processing
- Ability to prepare and analyze comprehensive reports
- Strong problem solving skills and the ability to carry out and finish assigned projects
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing, establishing and maintaining effective working relationships
- Ability to plan and organize work, and manage the projects and deadlines of him/herself.
- Ability to maintain professional standards and demeanor, including the confidentiality of employee and client data and other sensitive information
- Demonstrated competence with, and continued commitment to respect for cultural differences and diversity
- Recognition of the limits of one’s own professional expertise and the willingness to seek supervision and/or support, as needed
- Makes decisions with the client’s and agency employee’s well-being and best interests in mind
- Ability to pass background checks required by High Watch Recovery Center
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must be able to walk, bend, stand, climb stairs, speak English, hear, use a telephone, drive an automobile, and operate standard office equipment, such as a computer, copier, and fax machine. Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds.
If interested in applying for this position, please email to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 860-927-3515.
High Watch Recovery Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer