Our Mission & Values
The World's First 12-Step Treatment Center
High Watch Recovery Center has a rich history of being the first substance abuse community in the world founded on the 12 Step principles of Alcoholics Anonymous. We are honored to be part of the legacy of AA co-founder Bill W. His presence was instrumental in the founding of High Watch. Please read on to learn about the mission and values of High Watch Recovery.
The High Watch Mission
High Watch Recovery Center was founded by AA giants Bill Wilson and Marty Mann as the first 12-Step based drug and alcohol treatment facility in the world. High Watch has remained steadfast in its dedication to its rich AA history while concurrently expanding to include a robust array of trauma-informed clinical services, including evidence-based treatment modalities targeting each guest’s individualized symptoms and particular needs. High Watch is unwaveringly devoted to providing its guests with compassionate care and a deep understanding of the ways in which every individual can achieve sustainable recovery through an integration of 12-Step and clinically-based practices and principles, ultimately leading to full, healthy, sober lives. In addition, High Watch is committed to the development, public awareness, and support for the education of others about the disease of addiction.
Our Core Set of Values
- Respect. We shall treat all with whom we work with dignity and respect maintaining confidentiality and privacy.
- Integrity. Each staff person will live by and demonstrate the values of honesty, open mindedness and fairness with respect for diversity.
- Compassion. We seek to help others through empathy, empowerment and understanding.
- Quality. We strive for measurable excellence in our quality of care.
- Teamwork. We shall rely upon and work with one another as a team to maximize performance.
- Fiscal Stewardship. We shall manage responsibly the resources of the Farm and commit ourselves to be good and faithful stewards of all donations.
- Education. We commit ourselves to sharing our knowledge to help others understand addiction and the best practices for treatment of addiction.
“Life changing experience. Special thanks to all the staff at High Watch, they brought back my faith and self-worth!”