Dish Washer / Food Runner
Position: Dish Washer / Food Runner
Job Grade: Full Time, Hourly
Location: Kent, CT
We are looking for a hard working dependable Dishwasher/Food Runner to join our team at High Watch Recovery! This is a full time position with amazing benefits! We need someone who takes pride in their work and understands the importance of keeping a sanitary kitchen.
The Dish Washer/Food Runner position is involved with washing dishes and cleaning, utility work, food running and preparation of serving of food for the staff and guests at High Watch Recovery Center. This includes prepping, serving, cleaning and washing equipment, dishes, floors, surfaces and areas.
- Utility work, Food Prep and food runner
- Help unload trucks and store food, take out garbage
- Clean kitchen area including kitchen counters, wash cooking pots and pans, clean stoves griddles and oven.
- Wash dishes, pots, pans and utensils
- Clean kitchen floors and windows, including sink area.
- Document all food being stored by labeling with expiration date.
- Assist Food Services Manager as needed.
- Prep kitchen and some food prep work before Executive Chef arrives.
- Clean pantry and all dry food storage area daily.
- Report any unusual guest behavior or suspicious activity.
- Maintain high standards of ethical and professional conduct and adhere to HWRC policies and procedures
- Adhere strictly to confidentiality requirements.
- Adhere to established standards of hygiene and universal infection control procedures in handling all food and supplies.
- Other duties as assigned, including errands etc.
- Maintain high standards of cleanliness.
- Understanding of hand washing and hygiene techniques.
- Ability to set priorities.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate with guests and co-workers.
- Understanding on how to fill out food orders and prep kitchen area.
- Willingness to learn new approaches to culinary services and methods for preparing meals.
- Ability to train new staff and assist others when necessary.
- High school diploma
- Valid Driver’s License
- Be able to pass a criminal background check if required
- The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
If interested in applying for this position, please email to email@example.com or fax to 860-927-3515.
High Watch Recovery Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer